"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Finals Week

I've only had two real finals and they were both today. They weren't that bad and were both Bible classes which makes it really fun.
I've spent more time in the prayer room this week than studying or taking finals. That's just the way I like it. It's been a challenge to pray this week. There is so much emotional stuff involved along with a large amount of rumors and misinformation. It can get really frustrating to have to sift through all the junk.
Although this has been a hard transition for the college I feel like the main thing God wants to do in this time is have our full attention. I think it is easy, as a whole student body, to use Christ when it is convenient. I feel like God is calling this campus to decided whether we want Him or not. That sounds harsh, but God is jealous for Sterling College. He has wonderful plans for us and wants to see us have the best, which means a restored relationship with Him. He disciplines the ones He loves. Right now I'm pressing into that reality in prayer for the campus.
This week has really been hard on me because I've come to the end of myself and my strength and have to rely on God's strength. That's great! I really have to fight for the things I love, like prayer and Sterling College. Ultimately God is strengthening my relationship with Him and developing my passion for prayer and people. Awesome. It is just painful. Jesus never said dying to yourself was easy, that's why its called death.

No comments: