"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Unexpected Traveling

I am coming to California in two days! That is pretty crazy! Though I am excited to come I wish it were under better circumstances.
My best friend of two years, recently turned boyfriend, Nate is from Norco. His grandmother died yesterday from colon cancer. It happened really fast. A few weeks ago she started feeling bad, last week they diagnosed it as cancer, and Sunday they gave her a few days to live. Nate was incredibly close to his grandmother and is really missing her. From all the stories I've heard she was an incredible lady and I am sad that I did not get to meet her. Nate is currently finishing his last week camp counseling at Westminster Woods. This will be the first time he has been home since Spring Break. I am heading out with him Saturday to the funeral and will hang around a few days.
It will be interesting because I get to meet all of his family (it's own unique circumstance) but they are also in the middle of grieving. I do know his parents and sister already so I won't be completely lost. I'm expecting the unexpected. I hope that while I'm there I can help with some of the little things of daily life. In times like these there is so much going on that things fall to the wayside. I hope I can ease their burdens a little and get to know them a little better in the process as well. Pray for us as we travel and for Nate's family as they gather and celebrate a life.

1 comment:

Melissa Ens said...

Whereabouts in California will you be?

By the way I really liked your June 11 post. It reminded me of a revelation I had a couple years ago--that being in love is nothing compared to knowing the one you love loves you in return. And how much more overwhelming when that One is THE One, only true God of the universe. No wonder Paul (Eph 3:17-19) wants us to be rooted and established in God's love so we can grasp how wide and long and high and deep His love is... so we can be filled to the measure of ALL the fullness of God. What an awe-inspiring thought. And it begins with knowing His LOVE. Wow.