"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Ahh...weekend!

The roomie, Jean, and I are heading to Manhattan! No, not New York (though that would be quite a extraordinary weekend get-away), Manhattan KS, home of the Wild-cats and my best friend Ellen!
A Sterling graduate is performing in Tartuffe this weekend and we wanted to see that and I definitely wanted to see Ellen. How long has it been since I've seen her? Since this summer? Too long. I finally get to come visit her, like we always promised to do, and to meet all her K-State friends.
I'm looking forward to it. I think Jean and I will have a fun road trip up there, a good time seeing Tartuffe, and hanging out with the Ellen.

In other news....
This has been a completely odd week.
I almost no homework.
We had a Halloween barn dance thing Tuesday night. It was fun to see everyone's costumes. My favorite was my friend's recreation of the "American Gothic" painting.
As much as I've wanted to pray and study the Bible (after a long period of knowing I want to do it but never getting to it) it was really hard and I seemed to face a lot of obstacles that kept me from it. I really have enjoyed my time in the Prayer Room on campus though. God has been blessing me with the perseverance to pray, which is a huge blessing. Sometimes prayer can be such a battle!
I'm also gearing up for the 25 hours of prayer next weekend, I know God is going to do big things on this campus! To see what I mean check out any post on The 48 from last spring (March-April).

No comments: