"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Update on The 25...a week later

The 25 went really well. We ended up getting all the slots filled (last minute sign-ups are the best). What was exciting for me was to see some freshman stepping up and taking leadership. We've got some cool up and coming worship-leaders on campus.
This 'hours of prayer' was a lot different than the 48 last spring. The whole campus seemed really dead, nobody was around (which never happens), but the prayer room had a steady stream of people. It always seemed like a very intimate setting, never having an overwhelming amount of people in the prayer room at once. It seemed like God wanted to really work in individuals lives a lot more than the group as a whole. God really knows best and knows that this is a time when most people are so tired of school and a just itching for thanksgiving. I think that this was a time more for sowing things (a.k.a. not seeing with our eyes what God is doing but paving the way for things to come) than reaping (getting to see the fruits of our prayers). God is wise to hide such things.
It was a good time for me, though being in charge of everything is crazy. It was crazy in that God allowed me to participate on what He is doing on campus through prayer. I loved it though. I could organize to facilitate prayer any day. God continued to confirm in me what I am called to do, what I was created to do and that is a miracle in itself. It is also really refreshing and is helping me focus a lot more on what is important.
Praise God for the 25! Let's keeping asking for "More!" and praying for the next 'hours of prayer' in the spring.

No comments: