"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Thursday, November 30, 2006

On my mind and in my journal

Here are some things that have been on my heart lately:

Holiness- I feel like God wants to raise up holy people on this campus. I have always replied with a"Yes!!!!....ummm...how?". Finally I feel like I have the beginning of an answer. As usual it is something that is simple, but it impacted me deeply. Here's the excerpt from my journal:

"God didn't say, 'Be holy' and leave it at that. He said, 'Be holy, as I am holy." He is our role model. He is our example, our blueprint, our mold. He is the one we are to look to in order to learn about what holiness is. As we look to Him we will be transformed into His likeness. Then we will be holy as He is holy."
The power of prayer- It seems like everyday I become more and more convinced regarding the power of prayer. God continues to show me the futility of my efforts apart from Him. More and more I feel the burden to pray. It's amazing and painful all at the same time.
"Prayer is as vast as God because He is behind it. Prayer is as might as God, because He has committed Himself to answer it."- Leonard Ravenhill.
Sterling College: "It's time to decide." 1 Kings 18:21
God wants our hearts. He wants people who won't play games and will love Him wholeheartedly.

No comments: