"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes (it's a song, trust me)

I'm going to assume that you read the title of this post and became intrigued. "What does she mean by ch-ch-ch-changes? Is is just a song that she's writing about (written by David Bowie, by the way) or is she talking about how ice changes to water which changes to ice?", you might ask yourself.

No, you are wrong both times (though I do like the song a lot). I am talking about changes in my life I'm sure that was your next guess. I guess it's not some much that things are changing, like something happening in college or at home, but that my thoughts and feelings about different things are changing. I suppose you could call it a freshman freak-out of sorts.

Last semester I started wondering about what I really wanted to do with my life and how that would effect my education. I am currently an Art education major but am really sure I don't want to do that. Besides being a buttload of hours, most of which aren't even art classes (which makes me really mad. How am I supposed to be a good art teacher if I never got to go above any level 1 art classes because of my Ed. classes? That is not what leads to proficiency in a content area.) I don't know if I would rather do Christian Ministries. That is, in a sense, what I want to do. I know that I would like to keep art as a major. I've reached a point of being frustrated at the education system and society for emphasizing certain systems over others.

I love my school. It is the only college that I would ever go to for undergrad. I love the people, the programs, and the atmosphere.

I am at a crossroads.
I could very easily do something that looks risky or stupid.
However, I know what I am supposed to do, just not when.
The problem is my practicality and my courage or lack-there-of.
Things could get very interesting very soon.
If you don't have any idea about what I'm talking about don't worry, all will be revealed in due time. I'm sure right now you are about as confused as I am. Sorry about that. I needed to vent.

"So do not worry..." Matthew 6:25,31
"But see first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33 (NIV)

No comments: