"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Monday, February 27, 2006

Weekend festivities


So my friend Ellen and I celebrated our birthdays on Friday. If you know either one of us you'll know that the timing sounds odd (my b-day is Dec 10th, hers is Feb 6th). Anyway... We finally got it together to celebrate.

It was a great birthday! Here are the major highlights:
Ben Folds 'Timpani Song'- neither Ellen or I know the real name of the song
Good conversation
Finding out P.F. Changs is a Chinese bistro (we wanted to eat a another bistro that happened to have gone out of business. Bummer.)
Exchanging presents- Awesome presents! Ellen got me a Fufu berry Jones soda, a Random shirt, and a cool coffee mug (hand-made, my favorite). And don't forget the homemade card that was almost identical to my homemade card, mushy (but true) sentiments and all.
It was great to see Ellen again. We don't talk enough (we're working on that) and it's always great to get together and discover (again) why we are best friends and how crazy it is that we still finish each other's thoughts ever once in awhile.
It is kind of bittersweet since Ellen is moving to Chicago after this semester. For the past few years she's been a block away from me. I'll miss her very much.

To read Ellen's version of the story, which also has a lot more details, follow this link.

Ellen,
Thank you for the wonderful gifts and the wonderful evening! I am also blessed by our friendship and am glad that we have not only made it through a season that usually separates people but have grow closer in spite of it. How lucky are we? Much more than most. Much, much more.

Two Peas in an odd pod

No comments: