"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Thursday, June 22, 2006

I heart my guy friends

I'm not exactly sure what prompted this post. Partly it's the fact that I haven't done an "I heart ______" post in a while and partly because though I haven't seen my guy friends lately I really do appreciate them. So here is my post of gratitude and recognition of my guy friends.

There is a time fore everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. Consequently there is a time when I get tired of hanging out with girls. Sometimes I've just had an overload of females and all that comes with them. Usually when I do get tired of them it is because they have moved from normal to crazy in every aspect of being female. It is at this point that I say "Anyway..." , politely bow, and walk (which turns into a run when I'm no longer in sight) away. Then I turn to the refuge of femaled-out people.

Males. Males are typically and hopefully opposite in behavior, priorities, and discussion topics than females. Instead of talking about feelings they would rather watch a movie or bowl; really anything that inhibits conversation. They don't often get involved in drama, although there are rare occurrences of it, and will end up treating me like one of the guys (mostly because they don't know what to do with me). Yes, this is just what I need when girls annoy me. After a 'season' of a few weeks I will be thoroughly unimpressed with the way guys talk, treat each other, and live and will return to my herd. After being starved out of talking about feelings I will return to those who talk about feelings and philosophize about life regularly. Females.

In one year this rotation happens a few times. Thankfully I have some great guy friends to turn to and well...hang out with. They help me maintain my sanity as well as allowing me to get rid of frustration without costing friendships, male or female.

Guy friends, I salute you!
Cue the montage!
Ok, so the picture uploader is being weird. More montage later!

No comments: