"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Saturday!

I don't know why I put that exclamation mark in the title, so far this Saturday hasn't warranted a "!". I guess I'll just leave it there expecting that the day will become very "!".
Right now I'm at Mokas enjoying a Strawberries and cream smoothie. Delicious! This was really just an excuse to get out of the house. I'm so used to being away from my parents away all day that weekends are kind of weird. Weekends mean overexpousure to my parents. I think Dad and I might go see a movie later so that actually might be fun.
Hmmm...It's always been interesting to me that I, and many others, go to coffee houses, bookstores, and the like to be 'alone'. What is it about these places that attracts the somewhat anti-social? I think I've figured it out. Obviously when one goes to a coffee house they will not be alone. However, they will most likely not be bothered by others who have also come to be 'alone'. In our culture being alone is feared because (duh) it can lead to loneliness. The allure of such locations is that you can be left alone without being alone. Ta da! My theory is that if people weren't so afraid of being alone, and didn't like expensive, unique beverages so much, that places like coffee houses wouldn't survive.


Anyway....I also have this amazing song by Misty Edwards, my favorite worship leader at the I.H.O.P-KC, called I set my heart. Some of the lyrics are as such:


It's just a moment
Less than a minute
Life is a vapor
And there's more than meets the eye
So I will set my mind on things above
I will set my heart on things to come
I'm on my way!
I'm on my way to Zion!
You'd really have to hear it to get the full impact. It's based on one of my favorite Psalms,Psalm 84:5-7. It's definitely been on heavy rotation in my CD player and in my mind.

2 comments:

karen said...

I realize this post is nearly 3 years old, but I fell upon it because of the lyrics. I have been desperately searching for where to find that song! Could you possibly tell me which album it is on? I would really appreciate it!

-K

Sam said...

Hey K,
The only recording of it I have came from one ot IHOP's limited edition cd's.


Sam