"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Awkward

I am an awkward kid. Most of you know that. Every once and awhile I do something that reminds me of my awkwardness. Yesterday I had one of those awkward kid moments.

As the previous post discussed yesterday VBS started. I went to the church early to help with last minute set up and the like. I was carrying some of my things like maracas, costumes, my script, and some duct tape. The steps at the Methodist Church are awkward in themselves due to how they were made. They are the same length depth wise as most steps but their height is quite different. Instead of 6 inches (approximation) they are about 3 inches high. I know that they are weird, I did grow up in that church, however that didn't stop me. For some reason with my feet obscured by the costumes and the already awkwardly balanced stuff I couldn't master the stairs. Expecting to take a higher step I wiped out and slid down the stairs. I landed on most of the stuff but the maracas came flying out and made a loud maraca-ish noise when they hit the stairs.

As I was getting up I said to myself, "Go Awkward kids." Once I gathered my stuff and my balance I stood up and saw above me on the steps the high school aged son of one of the women I worked with on VBS. I said ,"Hey" (in a truly awkward fashion) as he passed me on the steps.

It wasn't embarrassing as much as it was hilarious. Sometimes Jesus likes to humble me in a humorous fashion.
Good one Jesus, good one.

No comments: