"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sanctify and Consecrate

This is an interesting season in my life and in the life of the Church. I feel like God has given me a lot of opportunity to take part in what He is doing as well as showing me areas where I can follow Him more. To get the most of this season I have decided to fast t.v. and movies for the rest of the semester. Here are a few reasons why:

  1. "The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!." Matthew 6:22-23. I don't want to voluntarily fill me heart and mind with things that aren't encouraging or healthy. Over break as I watched t.v. I realized how much the content sucks. Really bad. I'd rather fill my mind and heart with words of life. I want to be filled with light in such a way that others desire God more as well.
  2. "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." Matthew 5:8. That's what I want. I want to see God. For real. I want to see Him in His sanctuary. I want to see Him in His beauty and glory. Really, as long as I see Him, it's cool with me.
  3. "Turn away my eyes from looking at vanity, And revive me in Your ways." Psalm 119:37-What do I want to be entertained by? I want to be fascinated with God. I don't want to waste my time finding enjoyment in things that are truly empty. I want lose my self in wonder, awe, and fascination of the uncreated One.

I am purposefully setting myself apart from something that can be good for that which is eternally better. Let the sanctification and consecration begin.

Final thought: I'm not posting this to boast or to pass judgment on those who do watch t.v. I'm just letting you know what is going on in my life.

No comments: