"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Thursday, January 05, 2006

I heart MST3K!

"Whaaaa?", is what you might be asking yourself right now. Good question. For those of you who are really nerdy you know what MST3K is... or you are one of my many friends who have been forced to watch it. What is stands for is Mystery Science Theatre 3000. What it is is one of the best t.v. shows ever created (at least for nerds like me).

So whats the premise?:

An average guy is shot into space on the 'Satallite of Love' by his evil boss. He fashions some Robot friends out of the parts of the ship that control it (thus preventing him from ever being able to fly back to earth) named Cambot, Gypsy, Tom Servo, and Crow (pictured below with Mike). Depending on the episode, Mike or Joel are forced by their evil boss to watch the worst possible science fiction movies ever created and/or flung together. To maintain their sanity Mike (or Joel) and his robot friends add their own sound effects, music, and dialogue as you watch the movie with them. Sound weird--no doubt. Really funny anyway-- yes.

I myself own several of the DVD's (Hellcats, The Brain that Wouldn't Die) and 3 box sets (seasons 4,6,8).

Therefore...

I heart MST3K!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

r-o-b-o-t r-o-l-l-c-a-l-l!

(Mike is MUCHO better than Joel)

I heart my sister ;)