"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Monday, January 09, 2006

London

Tomorrow I get on a plane and travel out of the country for the first time (I don't count Canada) and land in London! I am going with my intertwine art class. I'll be gone from the 10th to the 18th. We get to go to all the places that are associated with London (Westminster Abbey ,The Globe Theatre, Buckingham Palace, etc.) plus a lot of museums. I still don't feel like it's real. I know that I have to pack today. I know that I'm spending most of my day in the air. I know I'm going to be in London and yet it seems so unrealistic. I do have some travel anxieties though. I'm worried about what exactly to take, how to handle my money, staying in hostles, and other general travel fears. I'm not really afraid of being mugged though. I made it in New York without being mugged so that's got to mean something.

I'm going to be exhausted, not just when I get back, pretty much right away. I realized this morning that when my plane gets in at 7 in the morning in London that it will be 1 am 'Sam time'. I really wish I hadn't figured that out. That could make me quite cranky. Once we get there we pretty much don't stop. Are days and nights are packed with activities. I think I will function on adrenaline. That sounds like fun.

Anyway. I should start getting organized so I can pack.

Pray for our group as we travel for safety and health (and sanity).

I'll post pictures when I get over jetlag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm such a horrible blogger! I don't update regularly and I don't read other people's very often. I finally remembered that you also have a blog and I thought I would just stop in and check it out. It was very nice of you to mention me on your blog. I felt very special. Can't wait to talk to you again, so you can brag about your trip to london, and I can sulk that I didn't get to go. :) Love you! Too bad that phrase has become so over used that it has lost most of it's meaning. But I mean it truly. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way...that early comment was from me...aka Ellen. I forgot to sign. Whoops!