"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Rest of Christmas Break


Again, long time no post. I was busy, honestly.

Christmas consisted of hanging out at my grandma's christmas eve and going to a movie w/ my parents christmas day. We saw Fun with Dick and Jane. It was pretty good. I think you have to be in the mood for it to enjoy it though. My parents and I also drove up to Kansas City (Where my sister and her family live) to have christmas there. It was really fun. We decided this year not to buy a lot of presents in exchange for cash. Sounds good to me. I spent one third of it (On mystery science theatre dvd's and conference apparrel) and put the other 2/3's into my savings. I figured at some point it might be nice to have some money.

From the 28th-31st I was hanging out with Jesus and 10,000 other people at the One Thing conference. I had been to the '03 conference, where I was introduced to the IHOP (and basically Jesus for real), and decided to make great effort to make it back this year.

Highlights were Misty Edwards and her team, Shelly Hundley (she messes me up everytime I hear her speak) seminars, Dwayne Roberts (one of my favorite bald guys w/ artsy glasses from the IHOP), Praying with and for other people, hanging out in the prayer room, and having my heart tenderized through the word. To check out the One Thing conference or the IHOP follow the links: http://www.onethingglobal.com
http://www.ihop.org

I didn't get to see a lot of my friends during the break which is a bummer. But I had some quality time with my best friend Ellen. Turns out we're going through a lot of the same things (a.k.a. life question freak-outs) right now. It was great to have someone who knows how I feel.

P.S.

More Later...I Nabbed the cool photo from Randy Bohlender's (IHOP Staff) blog called Stuff I Think

No comments: