"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Saturday, January 28, 2006

I love this kid!!!

I found this great post the other day on Jackson Bohlender's blog Behold a new thing is coming . Jackson and his Dad, Randy, have some excellent blogs. Randy actually spoke at my Summer Teen Internship 2 years ago at the I.H.O.P (prayer, not pancakes) . Anyway, one of his sons, Jackson, made this amazing post. This is what most I.H.O.P kids are like, wise beyond their years but also a lot of fun. Here is a excerpt:

"The more I think about it, the more I realize how fortunate I am to be young.
Why? Well, first of all, some people just tend to not take me seriously because I'm 12 years old. However annoying at times, this has more pros that cons...
No matter how bold I am, no matter how professionally I dress, no matter what I say, there will always be someone in the crowd who tunes me out because I'm an irritating 12 year old.
My days as cute and cuddly are numbered, though, and soon I'll either have to stay cute and cuddly for my entire life or start being aggressive and irritating. In just 30 days, I'll be a teenager, and after 8 years of teen life, I'll be 21. An adult. A full-sized stinking adult. And even then there are going to be people of the previous generation who think I'm inexperienced and won't listen to me way I see it, until I'm about 35 (old enough to become a US president), I have no voice in the corporate world.
This is kind of sad, because not including the Millenial Kingdom, half of my life will be gone and if I'm not careful, I'll have lost my message.
This is why we must not worry about being "mature", but about being heard, or at least Holy, because it is out of fellowship with God that true maturity blossoms.
Wow. I just wrote what was on my mind and my heart and when I looked at it, I realized that it's really poetic."
Amen to that.

No comments: