"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Almost...The...Weekend....

So far it's been a good week. It's going to be a great weekend considering that I have Friday off. Tonight was like Thursday. It's like I get two Fridays!

God has been doing some cool stuff in my life personally. Besides just feeling more focused I've felt like God has been using this time to remind me of who I am. More importantly God has been reminding me of who He is. I've been studying a lot about the Church and her different roles as told in scripture. Somehow I think I lost track of how important it is to know who God is first.
I'd forgotten this simple concept:
If you don't know who God is then you don't know who you are.
As people we are made in the image of God. We are made to know Him and enjoy Him forever. He has made us, defined us, and He knows us better than we know ourselves. Like A.W. Tozer writes in his book The Knowledge of the Holy (if you want to borrow it you can), "What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us." The chapter continues to discuss how our ideas (high or low) about God impact every aspect of our lives and why it's important to 'think rightly about God'.
It's time for me to stop striving in vain to find out who I am and focus on who God is. Once I start looking to Him all the little things I worry about as well as those major stress points won't seem so burdensome. Trust will replace worry. Grace will replace striving. Hope will replace fear. His desires will replace my desires. No set date for all this to be accomplished, but I'm on my way.

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:33-34

No comments: