"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Friday, April 21, 2006

Everybody put your hands together for the weekend!!!

Oh man. This has been one crazy, frustrating, and craptastic week. It wasn't all bad, just mostly.
Here's the big deal: I broke up with Nate on Wednesday. It wasn't easy. In fact it sucked and was more uncomfortable and horrible than I could even write. It needed to be done, though. I do feel like this was the best option and stand firm in my decision. All though I do feel bad for hurting him I know from my side of things it would be unfair to continue dating him. I don't want to go into the whole explanation and thus will try to sum it up in a few key phrases.
  1. We make a good couple, but better friends.
  2. I've got my own things to figure out before I drag another person into it.
  3. If it continued any longer there would be greater pain and awkwardness on both parts.

The hardest part now is retaining our friendship. We are still in the very awkward post-breakup phase were you don't want to be around, let alone see, the other person lest it remind you of what was and now isn't. It will get better with time. Either way, I've decided to leave the "break-up photo' in the post about the dance up. I think it provides some good irony. Hopefully that irony will become humorous and not dramatic.

On top of breaking up I've got three group projects on my plate. It's not so much that I hate group projects, but I'm so busy right now that its very inconvenient to have to work with other people. I'm the person in the group that schedules and organizes everything too. That's a lot of effort. I'd rather study and take a test. Also next week is production week fo the One Acts. It's bound to get crazy.

Other than that my week has been ok. Less depressing posts to come.

1 comment:

Cayla said...

I think you are supergreat and that you deserve lots of presents for all of the hard work that you do. Let me know if I can do anything for you in the next week, okay? Because really, I'm not THAT busy with stuff, and I'd be happy to serve you however I can! :)