"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Wedding Showers

There's nothing that makes a teenager feel older than a wedding shower. Granted I'm nineteen, in college, and Sterling is like marriage capital of the ACCK (Association of Christian Colleges in Kansas, or something similar to that), I still feel too young to actually attend as the friend of the bride-to-be and not just a tag along with my Mom.

The shower was for my R.D. Jen "soon to be Pierce" Baranowski. We've become pretty close this year through Kilbourn Prayer and planning The 48 together. The shower included games like "How well do you know Jen?" and "Make a wedding dress out of toilet paper." I'm sure they have more scientific names but you get the idea. Then there was present opening. I think this has to be the most awkward part of the shower. Granted, it really isn't that awkward at all, but it is sort of awkward. Why? It's just like opening presents at birthdays or graduation: everybody is watching you open every single present waiting to see your reaction. Then they gauge their life's happiness off of how much you smiled and the sound of delight you made.

All together it was a good time and we had a lot of fun. I think it was a good 'first wedding shower experience'. Now I've got some ideas for my sister's shower. What will be really scary is when friends my age start to have them. (Shivers). Friends, please don't hurry. We're still young.

No comments: