"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Saturday, April 08, 2006

A week? Really?...Sorry about that...

Sorry, guys (those who actually read my blog have the honor of being addressed as guys). I have left you with a cliffhanger for a week now. Not very nice of me. I'll try to give you all the updates.
So, the dance. Saturday went great! Nate and I danced and ate and watched IMAX films about the ocean and people who like to study it. We were being pretty chummy at the dance and enjoying ourselves. We left at 11:30 mostly because we were tired of the music. On the drive home we admitted that we both liked each other and decided to go from there. We decided to get to know each other better as friends in the context of dating. So we parked in my dorm parking lot and ended up talking, listening to music, and once and a while going on walks until 7:30am on Sunday. Nothing like a 13 hour first date. It was a lot of fun. So now we're dating. Cool.

What else has happened. . .

God has been opening up new opportunities to me. This week several leadership positions were offered to me. It's interesting because all of them were things I thought would be neat to do or I would really enjoy.
1.) Worship leading- The campus activities board has an event called Fuel that they do a couple times a semester. Fuel consists of worship and a speaker in a much more casual setting than chapel. This past Thursday they asked me to worship lead. I was pretty excited. I got together my friends Molly (to sing) and Cayla (to sing and play guitar) with me. It was a really neat experience and I was blessed through it.
2.) Tuesday Night Prayer, a.k.a "Kilbourn prayer"- Tuesday Night Prayer is something I've been involved in all year. Before I even came to Sterling I knew that God had some big plans and that He would use me. In my own scheming I dreamt about having a gathering that did the Ihop (prayer, not pancakes) model of worship and prayer in a few years. I came to campus and it already existed at Tuesday Night Prayer. My good friend Ben Edwards, who co-leads the group, decided to turn over his reigns to me next year. I am very excited because it is something that I am very passionate about!
3.) Chaplin-Our campus has chaplains to help with Chapel, counseling students, leading Bible studies, and the like. I was invited to be a Chaplin next year! I'm really excited. As of now I am going to co-chair the position of spiritual Formation with my fellow freshman friend David Fuller. We get to assess the spiritual needs on campus and find our how to meet them as well as training other chaplains to meet them.
4.) Prayer Leader- I am also a prayer leader next year. I am part of the first edition of prayer leaders. I will be assigned to a wing and will be responsible for praying for daily, praying with, and building relationship with up to 5 girls on my wing. I think this will really grow me and I am very excited about where I will end up with and with who.

I am continually amazed that God is including me in His various plans and giving me awesome servant leadership opportunities as a freshman. Crazy.

Anyway....another weekend. I'll try to post more.

P.S. Schools almost over!!!

No comments: