"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Monday, April 24, 2006

I heart Saturday Night Live

It's true. I've loved Snl for a long time. I think my parents were the ones to really get the ball rolling. Even when we were young (and didn't know what they were doing) they would reference old characters from the first seasons. My affinity for the show grew in those awkward middle school/junior high years when all I needed to add to my awkwardness to make it even more awkward was attempting comedic timing. Anyway.... I hadn't watched it for quite sometime now due to my love of sleep and/or social Saturday nights. I finally started watching again this year.
The cast has changed a lot and has been through some sucky times. However, I think it's starting to turn around. I'm loving the new cast, especially the incredibly talented ladies and the nerdy young guys. My favorite female cast member is probably Amy Poehler. Before SNL she was on a great Comedy Central show called the Upright Citizens Brigade that was birthed from the casts improv group.

Just to share with you the things that I've enjoyed from the show I've linked to my favorite sketches, both recent and vintage.

Look alikes
Digital Short
The Sarcastic Clapping Family of Southampton
Spartan Cheerleaders:Cheer Camp
Olympia Cafe
Action 8 Newswatch
Botox

No comments: