"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Monday, May 22, 2006

Finally!

After a rather discouraging week of realizing that I hate t.v. and don't have much to do I got a break. Thursday Jen B. , my R.D. at school, called me up and invited me to a weekend at the IHOP (prayer, not pancakes). I was able to go, since I haven't planned anything. We got there just in time for the Friday night Encounter God service (EGS) and my favorite worship leader, Misty Edwards, spoke and it was amazing. Saturday I got up early and did the Special Olympics Bun Run with Ang, Trav, and Jack. It was a lot of fun! After than we went to brunch at First Watch and returned home to nap. After napping, feeding the Jack, and playing with the Jack, Travis dropped me off at the IHOP. I ended up being in the prayer room for almost 7 hours straight.

This weekend was what I needed. After running after meaningless entertainment and feeling stuck where God seems far away I have returned refocused and refreshed. Soaking myself in the Word, worship, and prayer reminded me of God's faithfulness, worthiness, and how much I want to know and love Him.

Weekend at Ihop and with family=success.

Take that boring summer!

No comments: