"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sad news

This morning my family got a call from the assisted living apartments where my grandma lived. They informed us that she had died during the night. It has been a sad day and I don't think the reality has set in for most of us as we have planned her funeral as well as made preparations for relatives who are coming to stay with us.
I mourn the loss of my beloved grandma, Theresa, who was an amazing woman of faith. She prayed for all of our family members daily, as well as close family friends and significant others. I know that her prayers have helped shape me into the person I am today. She was also extremely involved in the community, working with the elderly, teaching Sunday school, and 'adopting' college kids as a prayer partner and mentor. She was also extremely sharp, and the toughest competitor at scrabble I've ever known. She has also been strong willed, probably due to her long life that experienced the depression, wars, deaths of husbands, and raising 4 kids (she was born in 1914).
I am sad that she is gone but now she does not have to suffer through the pain of cancer and she is finally home. I know I'll see her again. I rejoice that she gets to hang out with Jesus, she waited 92 years for it!

Please keep my family in your prayers as we say goodbye and heal. Also, many of my family members are traveling.

No comments: