"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Summer begins

So I feel like this could be another summer where weekends don't matter anymore. Days slip by filled with little more than sleeping, something creative every once and awhile, and a menial task or two. When the weekend comes it is just another day, nothing significant to mark it as different from the weekdays except a name.
If I had a job it might seem different. It's not that I want a job necessarily and I don't need one. However, it would be nice to feel like I'm accomplishing something everyday, something that helps others. I do accomplish things now, just things that interest me or benefit me.
What I really want to do with my summer is simple. It's not a specific job, more of a list of goals:
  • Positively impact those around me by ministering to them in some way.
  • Grow as an individual through serving.
  • Learn about God as a result of working with and serving others.

I don't even care about pay that much. I'd volunteer if I knew I was needed. Ah, summer.

No comments: