"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Thursday, December 08, 2005

An Afternoon in the Library

Today I had my first real final. Sort of, it was intro to computers. The final had 25 questions (That's Crazy!!!) and only took me 20 minutes. After I finished I looked over at the guy next to me and we both gave eachother this "That was it?!" kind of look. I am glad I studied though. My final grade in that class is an 98 or 99%. I don't really know since my spiffy TI-83 Plus averaged it ou to be .989. Either way I am pretty pleased.
After that I pretty much had the whole afternoon free. My hardest test, Themes in Biblical History, is tomorrow 8-10am. I don't think it will be too bad. We do have to prepare for the Essay beforehand. I went to the library to search for sources on my topics. For the essay we must choose 3 aspects of Jesus' charecter to write about. I chose 1.) His righteous anger 2.) Compassion 3.) Desire to have his people with him. I had very specific scripture refrences in mind for each and knew finding books that backed me up might be tricky. Optimistic still I headed out in the 8 degree weather to Mabee Library. I finally found the "Jesus" section and started looking.
I wasn't expecting to find a book with exactly what I wanted but wasn't expecting the uphill battle that my time in the Library turned out to be. Listen, we're a Christian school, I think we deserve more books about Jesus that weren't published before 1892! It's bad when your libraries average title for books about Jesus are something like "Jesus and what He thinks about new technologies like electricity". I did find some sources that might work and will probably continue searching later in the evening when I've regained some strength and sanity.

No comments: