"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Monday, December 12, 2005

Happy Birthday-ness

Saturday was my birthday! Sweet 19. I got home friday from school and then my mom took me out shopping. My parents decided that since I'm careful with money that they would take me on a shopping spree. I ended up getting some clothes, a new Mystery Science Theatre 3000 (Hellcats is the title), a new journal, and the new John Mayer Cd. I really didn't want much, which made the 'spree' part a bit of an overstatement.

The highlight of friday night was our dinner at On the Border. Our waiter was such a funny guy. My mom, as always, wanted to embaress me with getting the staff to sing to me. While she was over talking to some people she knew the waiter sat down across from me and said "Listen. We can sing you the birthday song, but it's really lame and really embaressing...but...you get soppapias (sp? No idea). But I can get you the dessert with out the singing." I thought about and said, "Well...you could dance." He looked stunned, then, as if he was accepting a challenge, said, "Ok." Then he walked away. When he came back with the dessert he did a cha-cha step.

It's my birthday. I'll make the waiter dance if I want to.

My mom also made a delicious dinner for me on saturday. My sister and her fiance' got me a Barnes and Noble gift card and some really cool random stuff. Example: Pixie sticks. Justice League velvet color-it-thing. Fun!

This birthday gets 4 stars!

No comments: