"Blessed is he whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Napolean 2: The Re-enactment


Napoleon Strikes Again!

Found this story on Yahoo! I think histrory re-enactors have to be some of the most interesting people ever. I mean think about. Who else wants to dress up in period military garb and then re-enact historic battles. Well, I guess it's not too odd. Except for the people who want to fight on the side they know is going to lose, I wonder what they're like. Do they have self-esteem issues? Do they like to fight for the proverbial 'underdog'? Are they delusional, hoping that they can change the outcome of the battle? And what about the guy that acts as Napoleon? These are the words of the guys himself,

""For me, this is a great honor to be here ... to portray a great man who I admire very much, here on the actual battlefield for this anniversary. It's one of the greatest experiences of my life," he told The Associated Press hours before the re-enactment."

I'm not sure about historic battle re-enactors. But I do know that the only reason you would see me there is if I was wondering around the battlefield in a "Where's Waldo" costume.

No comments: